As of May 17, 2021, ALL applications for new residential and commercial Liberty electric service, as well as applications to modify any existing Liberty service, must be submitted through this online application portal. For panel upgrades, remodels and new construction, please click the button below (NOTE: Customer will be required to create an account in order to proceed with the application process).

New Construction Service Application   

New users must register for an account using a direct email by following the "Register" link to the right.  There is no cost to register, and all users must use an individual account to use the portal.

If you are building a new residential or commercial building and/or upgrading/changing your electric service panel, you will need to submit a completed service application with our Engineering Department through PowerClerk to initiate electric service.

To help you complete your submittal, please review the documents listed on our Construction web page. 

Attach all electronic copies of required Electrical Plans, Load Calculations, and Permit Approvals listed below to begin the application process and receive initial plan check comments from the Planning Department. Liberty will provide approved plans to the customer once the customer's construction documents are updated with Liberty's plan check comments. 

  • Electrical/Utility Site Plan (must be to scale)
  • Exterior Elevations, showing proposed meter location
  • Electrical Floor Plan
  • Roof Plans
  • Electrical Single Line Diagram, panelboard schedules, and Load calculations
  • Deed
  • Completed New Construction Service Application (with either Tax ID or Social Security number)
  • County-Assigned Address of new service location
  • Letter of Representation by owner if you are not the property owner

If you have any questions, please call either the South Lake Tahoe Office at (530) 543-5281 or the North Lake Tahoe Office (Tahoe Vista) at (530) 546-1755.

Useful Documents 

NOTE: Customer will be required to create an account in order to proceed with the application process.

New Construction Service Application   

Substructure  Electric Construction Standards (SECS) Documents 

Table of Contents  

General Information  


Staking & Trenching  


Boxes & Vaults  

Equipment Pads and Street Light Bases   




Looking to Lease?
Looking to Lease?

If you need a new water heater or heating system, but do not have the funds to purchase the equipment, Grand HVAC Leasing has options to fit your home's needs and your budget. 
Learn More


  • Three feet from the driveway on a gable end.

  • Yes; only have to move the main disconnect and meter socket.

  • Your panel location needs to be approved prior to setting temporary power.  Please call the appropriate Liberty Utilities office to schedule an appointment.

  • Yes.

  • Liberty Utilities needs this information to confirm your identity.

  • This is dependent on a number of factors. Please schedule an appointment with the appropriate Liberty Utilities office to go over plans to make this determination.