The State of California is committed to making conservation a way of life. Executive Order B-40-17 extends the following restrictions on practices that waste potable water.
- Watering outside within 48 hours of measurable rainfall
- Using potable water to wash down sidewalks and driveways, instead of a broom or brush
- Overwatering a landscape to where water runs of into the gutter or sidewalk
- Using hoses without shutoff nozzles when washing vehicles
- Using potable water in fountains or decorative water features that do not recirculate water
- Using potable water to irrigate ornamental turf on public street medians