Disconnection For Non-payment

Bills are considered past due and delinquent if not paid within 19 days from the date of mailing.
Liberty Utilities will discontinue service to an account when a customer has been delinquent for sixty (60) days and has been contacted by the utility, by way of a written notice.  In the event that a written notice is undeliverable the utility will contact the customer named on the account through a telephone notice.  
If the utility is unable to contact the customer, the utility will make a good faith effort to leave a door tag at the residence and leave a disconnection notice. 

Alternative Payment Arrangements
Upon receipt of a discontinuance notice, the customer must contact the utility to make payment arrangements to avoid disconnection.  

Additional information related to alternative payments options may be obtained by calling  1-800-727-5987 

Restoration of Water Service 
Payment of Reconnection Fee and Remaining Balance on the Account. 
Where service has been discontinued, the utility may charge $50 for reconnection during regular working hours or $150 for after working hours.  In addition, the utility will request the customer to pay the remaining balance on the account and a security deposit to restore service.

Reconnection/disconnection fees must be paid in full before restoration of water service. These fees must be paid in cash or money order in our office, or by credit or debit card over the phone or through our website. No personal checks will be accepted. Payments must be made and our office notified no later than 4:00 p.m. to have service restored on the same day. Service will be restored on the next business day when payment is received after 4:00 PM.

Dispute Bill

A customer may initiate a complaint to the utility for investigation and review of the bill within five days of receiving a contested bill.  
If the customer is not satisfied with Liberty Utilities’ response, the customer may submit a complaint to the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) by visiting http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/complaints/
Billing and service complaints are handled by the CPUC’s Consumer Affairs Branch (CAB), which may also be reached by the following means.  
Telephone: 1-800-649-7570 (8:30 AM to 4:30PM, Monday through Friday)
Mail: California Public Utilities Commission, Consumer Affairs Branch
505 Van Ness Avenue, Room 2003, San Francisco, CA 94102

If a customer’s case meets the eligibility criteria, CAB will provide the customer with instructions on how to mail a check or money order to be impounded pending resolution of the case.  

Customers who are hearing-impaired or have speaking limitations may dial 711 for the California Relay Service for telephone conversation assistance.

Type of Call
Toll-free 800 Number
TTY/VCO/HCO to Voice


Voice to TTY/VCO/HCO


From or to Speech to Speech
English and Spanish



Shut off Policy - English

Suspensión de servicio de agua por parte de la empresa suministradora del servicio

Shut off Policy - Tagalog

Shut off Policy - Chinese

Shut off Policy - Korean

Shut off Policy - Vietnamese