April 2020 Updates:
Liberty Utilities has implemented an Emergency Disaster Relief Program that provides protections to customers affected by wildfire and other natural disasters. In the event that a State of Emergency is declared at the state or federal level, protections would be available to customers who experience loss or disruption of the delivery or receipt of utility service and/or resulted in the degradation of the quality of utility service.
If these criteria are met, Liberty Utilities will:
- Work cooperatively with affected customers to resolve unpaid bills and minimize disconnections for non-payment;
- Waive reconnection or facilities fees for affected customers and suspend deposits for affected customers who must reconnect to the system;
- Provide reasonable payment options to affected customers;
- Waive bills for customers who lost their homes or whose homes are rendered uninhabitable; and
- Authorize a pro rata waiver of any fixed element of a water bill for the time that the home is uninhabitable, even if the reason for it being uninhabitable is not loss of water service.
Liberty’s Emergency Disaster Relief Program meets compliance with California Public Utilities Commission Resolution M-4833, which makes the aforementioned protections permanent for customers served by regulated water providers in California.
To learn more about Liberty Utilities’ Emergency Disaster Relief Program, please call our 24/7 Customer Service Center at: 1-800-727-5987